With almost 30 years’ experience in the hospitality and catering industry, working in cafes, bistros, bars, restaurants and hotels, Victus is perfectly placed to help you maximise your food & beverage offering.
Your menu is vital. Your food & beverage offering is a description of you, what you’re all about, your brand. A good menu can make your bar, pub, bistro, cafe or restaurant a destination in its own right, and customers, especially foodies, are travelling further afield for a fantastic breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea or dinner experience.
Victus Consultancy can help you review and improve your food and beverage offering to maximise this growing market. During an initial, free consultation, we’ll gain a good understanding of your business and what you’d like to achieve. We’ll discuss your number of covers, current customers, target market and your “fans”. We’ll also chat through your suppliers, price points, overheads, on-site facilities and equipment, challenges, competitors and anything else you’d like to tell us about.
We can then help you with:
- Dishes – what to include to keep your current customers while attracting new ones
- Menu design – look and feel, layout and descriptions
- Allergens – legislation, guidelines, best practice and creating appealing, imaginative FreeFrom options
- Provenance – introducing you to local suppliers as appropriate and suggesting regional and speciality dishes
- Costs – how to manage these and keep them under control
- Pricing – staying competitive while still making a profit
- Cook offs – arranging training sessions so chefs can cook the menu perfectly, and front of house staff can describe each item with confidence and passion
- Whether to focus more on your food or beverage offering…or both
- Marketing – how to shout about how great your food & beverage offering is
- Crockery & cutlery – you’ve got the ideal menu with great dishes. How best to present them? (Let’s avoid tennis rackers, shovels and slippers though!)
Your drinks range is important, so we could look at introducing craft beers and ales, British wine, which is gaining a great reputation, and speciality gins and vodkas. With the drink-drive limit becoming increasingly strict, non-alcoholic options are more popular than ever, making mocktails, speciality brand soft drinks and a great range of hot beverages a must.
The coffee market is growing at an incredible rate, and the quality of your coffee can make or break you. Victus Consultancy can advise on different brands, including fair trade options, and we can also advise on the best coffee machines and provide professional barista training.
So, what are you waiting for? Just pick up the ‘phone for an initial, free consultation / bit of a blether, then we look forward to working with you to create a delicious, competitive and profitable food and beverage offering.Contact Us